Yesterday I said to one of my students that it was pointless to sit in my class if you are so busy with your phone. He was so busy it even distracted me. I should have mentioned this new study – a combination of a meta-review and new data -, but I only read if afterwards. But let’s be honest: we’ve known this for quite a while.
The study in short:
- Media use (MU) and academic performance (AP) studies omit subject area comparison.
- Sample populations tend to be biased toward social science programs.•
- Data show differences in the type and frequency of MU across subject areas.
- Differences between MU and AP correlations were found for different subject areas.
- MU is a stronger predictor of AP for students in the soft sciences.
The researchers say it…
View original post 576 more words